The college has a well equipped and computerised central library. There are sufficient number of text and reference books. There are also a few current journals which are basically subject oriented, health and sports related. The library is provided with a reading room with seat capacity for a good number of students at a time. Students can also avail easy excess to daily news by using news paper stand of the library.
|Name of the Library
||Year of Establishment
|Puthimari College Library
Opening hour - 9 AM
Closing hour - 4-30 PM
Time for issuing books - 11 AM to 3 PM
||Total Collection (books) - 13500
Total Journals - 17
Total Newspapers - 07
Special Collection -e-books under NLIST,Microsoft Encarta (Electronic)
,Encyclopaedia Britannica Volume.
- All regular students of B.A. and H.S. classes of the college.
- All faculty members and staff of the college.
Rules and Regulations:
- Students are enrolled as a member of the library just after their admission.
- Students can study books in the library by producing their identity cards.
- Silence must be maintained in the reading room.
Number of books issued to the students
- H.S. Students = 01
- B.A. (Gen) = 02
- B.A. (Major) = 03
- Book Bank Member = 02
Library Services offered:
- Provision for study in the Reading Room.
- Provision for reading daily and weekly newspapers and journals.
- Provision for issuing additional books to the poor but meritorious students through Book.
- Provision for OPAC Facility to enquire the titles of the collections of the library.
- Provision for accessing e-books in the computer through N-LIST Programme.
- Reward for the best reader is sponsored by the librarian every year.
All the books of the college library are computerised in SOUL 2.0 Version and book issuing service is fully automated using barcode technology.
- Digitization of books and journals.
- Construction of well equipped library building.
- Jagadish Kr. Bharali: Librarian
- Jagadish Kalita: Library bearer